Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Friday 10 December 2010

Deck the halls fa la la la la

The snow has melted and I finally got out to do some Xmas shopping last weekend in St Albans, about a 20 minutes drive. There's lots of lovely individual shops there and a big market with a great fabric stall. I couldn't resist buying a metre of this cute doggy print. I have a pinafore pattern I've been meaning to try out and I think this fabric would suit it very well.


St Albans has lovely old streets in it's conservation area and I loved the blue Xmas lights on the pyracantha outside this cottage.


This one had a lovely red and green wreath and the pretty red ribbon around the plant pots look so elegant don't they?


I always have a Xmas wreath on my front door. I've had a simple red berries and twigs wreath for years and every year a few more berries drop off, so this year I've added some red silk flowers to give it a bit of a boost. Here's my Xmas 2010 door...ta-da!



I don't do too many decorations in the house (I have enough clutter as it is!) and I've kept the red and white theme going with this simple wooden tree I bought from John Lewis, on which I've just hung some simple red baubles.


It's sitting in the front window...


A garland and a gold star above the fireplace then I'll add some twinkly lights and candles on Xmas Eve.


And finally....

This enormous tree in Hadley Wood (the Beverley Hills of North London) is on my commute home from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...