Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Monday 8 July 2013

Vintage shopping in Arundel

I took these photos some weeks ago on a jaunt to the lovely town of Arundel. It's a small town near the coast and perfect for a day trip. I stayed overnight in nearby Pulborough in a lovely little hotel and a first for me - sleeping in a four poster bed! Not the comfiest bed I have ever slept in but an experience.







(You don't see the warning at 3am when nature calls...ouch!)






Some of the antique stores in Arundel had closed since my last visit, a sign of the times, but there are a satisfying number of vintage and interior shops to happily browse in. 





 









I particularly loved this new vintage and salvage shop spread over two floors of an amazing old barn.



















If you tire of vintage shopping (never I hear you say) then there's always the castle to visit.




Are you enjoying the sunshine as much as I am? I'm planning another vintage expedition this week while the weather holds....

xx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great place, Louise,
    and all those lovely shops, oh my, I wish I could be there :-)
    I'm always interested in castles too !
    I once slept in a four poster bed while on vacation in England, quite an experience indeed,
    I really liked it ...
    Nice evening,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...