Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Saturday 18 May 2013

Stockholm (Mamma Mia!)

Have you ever been to Stockholm? It's so beautiful you really must go (but take a sack full of krone as it's soooo expensive!) I got back with my son this week from a long weekend of beautiful sunshine - while the UK basked in cold and rain - music and sightseeing and singing (Dancing Queen anyone?) 





Not for nothing is Stockholm called the Venice of the north. This gorgeous city is made up of a collection of small islands which you cross to by bridges. Gamla Stan (old town) is particularly popular with sightseers with its cobbled little streets, pretty shops, the Palace and Government buildings . 


 










It was such a packed weekend that there was little time for vintage shopping (and did I mention how pricey everything is?) but these caught my eye.



        


 













I've always wanted to visit Sweden. I'm a huge fan of their interiors, lake houses - and those grisly Scandinavian detective series they show on BBC4! However those who know me well will not be surprised that the other motivating factor was the opportunity to see this fella...


The Swedes can't get enough of him selling out 3 shows at a 60,000 seat stadium at 63 years old. He's still the Boss ;-)

But of course we wanted to get a dose of Swedish culture too. The Vasa Museum holds the amazing Viking ship rescued from the bottom of the Baltic Sea. (sorry about the picture quality but it is very dark in the museum to protect the wood).











So finally, how best to finish off a trip to Sweden? There is only one word...


ABBA!

Yes folks, it was the opening week of the new Abba Museum and it was too irresistible to miss!








Mamma Mia - I got to be the 5th member of Abba! I love singing with Rock Choir so I raced up onto the stage (much to my sons embarrassment and the bemusement of onlookers)!


                                     


I can't wait to go back for a longer visit - although they've made me promise not to sing again ;-)



xx



1 comment:

  1. I went last year and loved it! The weather was sunny, and I did find it to be incredibly expensive too. Lovely photos, Louise :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...