Vintage ~ Handmade ~ Homes ~ Gardens

Monday 7 May 2012

A nice cuppa cha

A couple of years ago I was stopped by US Customs at Los Angeles airport. Having some guy with a buzz cut rifle through your M&S pants is embarrassing enough but it's the boxes of Yorkshire Tea that really raised the US eyebrows! Call me eccentric but you just can't beat a good cup of tea and I never travel abroad without my tea bags. You can imagine my excitement this week then when my groceries were delivered and this lovely tea caddy was in the bag.



This gorgeous tin was free with my tea bags. I was thrilled! I can imagine this being a collectable in 50 years time can't you?


I also found a lovely little tea caddy recently which was meant for the shop but I couldn't let it go!



The teapot at the bottom of the picture was also destined for the shop but somehow made it into my kitchen cupboard.



So tell me. Do you have something you just can't travel without?

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, real tea! I so agree about a good cup and I will spend double plus on tea bags here in Aus just to get a decent cuppa! There are a few shops that will sell Yorkshire Tea here and Twinnings has become quite popular so I can usually get my hands on something decent. By the way, I have a Taylors of Harrogate tin in my pantry for my tea bags too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sold a few of those teapots in my day and now I wish I had one for myself...I imagine they are really hard to get now...I still have the original box one came in. “Nevvacold Teapot” 1953 coronation
    model...dang why did i get rid of the pot...stupid! You know my hub is English and we drink Lipton tea here but I’m gonna give it up and pay the big bucks for the English tea. ours is like weak dishwater...what I wouldn’t give for a proper cuppa and some nice scones or a coffee cake...swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm Liptons - not the same is it?! My LA friends pay big bucks to Chalet Gourmet for the strong stuff!

      Delete
  3. Funny you should ask. I don't travel much, so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...